My office is in my bedroom (bad feng shui, I know… I’m working on it!) so if I showed you what I actually wear most of the time I don’t think it would leave you feeling too inspired, but when I go out to meetings and events I like to dress up – it’s a corporate vibe, but always with an interesting twist.
A few weeks ago I was in Brisbane at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre for their Feast of Fashion event, and while hanging out in the newly refurbished designer section I found these beautiful pieces – simple, but unique – and was instantly inspired to do this post.
Here’s 11 tips for a cooler working wardrobe:
3. Invest in simple statement pieces. This white shirt is versatile, but far more interesting than most. It’s always worth spending a little more for these unique pieces.
4. Shoes are everything. Use a statement heel to make an otherwise simple outfit exciting.
5. Try soft suiting. A soft trench coat is a must this season, and you can wear it on the weekends too.
6. Look for pieces with a point of difference, like the shoulder cut-outs on this top.
8. Go for cropped trousers. Showing a little bit of ankle is flattering and shows off your shoes.
10. Make this a rule: if the outfit is soft and feminine, balance it out with a more masculine shoe (like brogues), and vice versa.
11. Colour block. It always looks polished. If white is out of the question, grey, navy, neutrals, and of course, black, are also good options.