easy… going to try this one tomorrow…
Ever sit and look into your fridge or pantry and run short on quick meal ideas? I seem to every. single. day! We always have a ton of veggies that need to be used up and I never have a fun idea of how I can make them actually appealing to my kids- in a few minutes time. That is, until I came up with this great idea for Skillet Fries that are jam-packed with veggie goodness!
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 3-4 large vegetables (bell peppers, sweet peppers, zucchini, eggplant, broccoli, carrots all work)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rough chop all veg into 1″ cubes.
- In a heated cast iron pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sautee veg on medium until slightly browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside, return pan to stove and set on high.
- Add enough olive oil to pan to cover bottom.
- Using a mandoline, slice your potatoes into fries and quickly add into hot oil.
- Fry potatoes until browned, turning frequently until browned.
- Drain excess hot oil from pan (careful- it will be very hot).
- When fries are fully browned, add veg back to pan and pop into oven for about 10 minutesor until fries are completely cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!