Cucumber, Tomato and Chickpea Salad
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber (this is the one without the seeds), chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (Garbanzo beans)
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup chilled seasoned rice vinegar (more or less if needed)
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl gently toss together tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and chickpeas with seasoned rice vinegar. Let sit for 15 minutes to marinate, stirring a couple of times. Season with pepper and serve.