Author: Minimalist Baker
Serves: 5 pancakes
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 flax egg
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil (or coconut oil)
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk (or sub other milk)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or gluten free oats)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat or unbleached flour (or sub other flour)
- 3 Tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat or about 300-325 degrees.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water and letting set for 3-5 minutes.
- Mash your very ripe banana with baking powder.
- Add flax egg, oil, salt, vanilla, almond butter, almond milk and stir.
- Stir in oats and flour until just combined.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold gently.
- Scoop scant 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased griddle.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side – until golden brown.
- Serve plain or with a small drizzle of maple syrup and a few additional chocolate chips for melting.
* Should yield 5-6 small pancakes. * Make gluten free by using gluten-free oats and flour. * Adding 1 Tablespoons of honey, maple syrup, sugar or agave nectar is optional for extra sweetening, but I didn’t find it necessary. * Reheat great the following day in the microwave.
Serving size: All 5 pancakes Calories: 760 Fat: 37 g Saturated fat: 7.8 g Carbohydrates: 96 gSugar: 28 g Fiber: 12.6 g Protein: 14 g