- 16 mini rainbow peppers, halved, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Zest of 1 small lemon
Preheat grill over medium heat.
Meanwhile, place peppers, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss to evenly coat. Set aside.
In another small bowl, thoroughly combine cream cheese, garlic, dill, basil, 2 tablespoons chives, fresh ground pepper, pinch of salt and lemon zest. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag or small Ziploc bag and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Grill peppers over medium heat, until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a small platter.
Snip the tip of the piping/Ziploc bag and carefully fill each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon chives.