Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the oats and sea salt in a large bowl and toss.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir halfway through.
- Heat the almond milk in a pot over medium heat, just before it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into chocolate chips. Whisk until combined and a chocolate sauce has formed. Whisk in cocoa powder and maple syrup then pour chocolate sauce over oats.
- Stir oats and sauce with a wooden spoon until completely combined. Place oats on a flat parchment lined baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes stir in your chopped hazelnuts. These are baked during the last 5 minutes that way they do not burn. Once the granola is done baking, let it cool for at least 15 minutes before eating or storing in a glass jar. This is a crucial step because the cooling time allows the granola to become crunchy.
- Enjoy over yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal or just as a snack!