– Lasagne sheets
– 3 x tins diced tomatoes (or pasta sauce)
– 1 zucchini
– 1 capsicum
– 1/2 sweet potato
– 1 head of broccoli
– 1 punnet of button mushrooms
– 1 bag of baby spinach
– 1/2 block of Notzarella (optional)
Ingredients: ‘Cheesy’ Béchamel sauce*:
– 1/4 cup vegan margarine
– 1/4 cup minced onion
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/4 cup flour
– 2 cups soy milk
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
– salt and pepper
– pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 355F
2. Slice up all the vegetables and cook separately in a pan (except sweet potato, which I boiled)
3. Make the Béchamel sauce following this method:
— In a pot on medium to high heat, add the margarine, onion and garlic.
— Sauté for one to two minutes until the margarine has melted and the onion is transparent.
— Add the flour and stir until it forms a paste.
— Add the soymilk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
— Reduce heat to low and whisk for a few more minutes or so until the sauce has thickened. Be careful not to let the sauce burn on the bottom of the pot.
— Take off the heat and cool. (The sauce will thicken even more when cooled)
4. Cover the bottom of an oven pan with the diced tomatoes or pasta sauce (you can also cook this beforehand with onion, garlic, and herbs if you want)
5. Layer lasagne sheets over the top of the sauce
6. Add more diced tomatoes and then layer spinach and vegetables
7. Pour some of the Béchamel sauce over the vegetables and add another layer of pasta sheets
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7.
9. Top off with diced tomatoes, Béchamel sauce, and grated notzarella (optional)
10. Put lasagne in the oven and cook for 40 minutes
11. Remove from oven, leave to cool, then enjoy!!