- 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 3-4 Tbsp avocado, refined coconut or olive oil (any oil with high smoke point – check bottle)
- 1 tsp sea salt + 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup your favorite hummus*
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha (or sub hot sauce)
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- pinch each sea salt + garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Herbs (cilantro, parsley, scallions)
- Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat and cut any larger Brussels sprouts in half.
- Add to a mixing bowl and toss with a generous amount of oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add a bit more oil to the pan and only as many sprouts as will fit without crowding the pan.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute, then use tongs to toss and turn over halved sprouts to cook both sides evenly. Cover once more and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Shake the pan once more to toss the sprouts and then cover for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and immediately add back to the (empty) mixing bowl and top with minced garlic and season again with salt and pepper. Continue cooking other batches until all of the sprouts are sautéed.
- To serve, sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese, herbs of choice, and serve with Sriracha aioli or preferred dipping sauce. These would also be delicious with a honey mustard sauce like this one (just leave it thicker for dipping).
- Leftovers keep well in the fridge for a few days, though best when fresh. Reheat in a skillet or (gasp) the microwave.